Kyger Open Space Master Plan Survey
|Have you been to the new Kyger Trail? Are there any other recreation opportunities you’d like to have around this area? Our Open Space and Trails Division is Master Planning Kyger Open Space. Through this process, we will identify active and passive use opportunities and explore the feasibility of some form of access to the reservoir. Tell us what you’d like to see by taking this quick survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KCDM5LY|
Windsor is home to a range of environmental and recreational amenities that help to define its identity and contribute to the community’s high quality of life.
Character & Ecology
The Poudre River, bluffs and arroyos, and large expanses of open space make a significant contribution to the character of Windsor and are critical to both local and regional ecologies.
Our Open Spaces
Benefits of Open Space
Open space consists of protected lands of significant value that are conserved in their natural state, restored or improved with appropriate native landscaping to retain a natural or natural-appearing condition, or conserved in quality agriculture. The benefits of open space include:
- Preserves the area's cultural identity, archaeological sites or agricultural heritage
- Conservation and protection of sensitive environmental features
- Conserving natural features and protecting lands of high ecological, scenic or cultural value
- Support of healthy lifestyle choices for all residents
- Providing visual separation between built areas
- Limiting development on lands that would adversely affect the community in some way
- Providing places for local agriculture to continue
- Preserving scenic views
- Maintaining Windsor's rural character and creating corridors for the safe and enjoyable movement of people and animals.
Open Space & Trails Division
Email Open Space & Trails Division
190 N 8th Street
Windsor, CO 80550
250 N 11th Street
Windsor, CO 80550