Education & Tours
The Town of Windsor Museums offer a variety of opportunities for Kindergarten through 12th-grade students to have an engaging learning experience outside of the classroom. See how other groups have enjoyed tours at our facilities.
- Exhibition-specific programs
- Industries of Windsor
- Life in the 1890s
- Math with the Sears Catalog
- Railroads and Transportation
- Technology and Communication
- Windsor Lake Ecology @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Field Trip Experiences
Our highly-trained museum educators work with teachers to customize your field trip experience to fit in with your curriculum and objectives. We can host large groups of up to 150 students, or provide a more hands-on experience for smaller groups.
We pride ourselves on offering unique programming that can fit into any curriculum. If you are interested in seeing if we can customize a program for your students, please contact our Museum Education Coordinator at 970-674-3532.
Request a field trip using the Field Trip Request Form (PDF).
The Town of Windsor Museums provide free in-classroom programs to schools in the Weld RE-4 School District.
All outreach programs include a slide show featuring historic photos of Windsor and a hands-on activity using real artifacts from the Museum's education collection. Programs can be paired with a field trip to Boardwalk Park Museum, or can be a stand-alone program to support other areas of the curriculum. All outreach programs can be customized to meet the various needs of the classroom and curriculum.
For more information about classroom outreach or to schedule a program, contact the Museum Education Coordinator at 970-674-3532.
The Town of Windsor Museums' Education staff is available to lead professional development sessions for teachers. Let our highly trained educators demonstrate ways to best integrate the Town of Windsor Museums into your curriculum. Training sessions emphasize how to teach using objects in and out of the classroom, integrating the arts into your curriculum, and teaching cross-curricular so that even math and science teachers and benefit from the Museums' collections.
For more information on Professional Development or to schedule a training, contact the Culture Supervisor at 970-674-3521.
Tours of any of the Town of Windsor Museums are offered year-round free of charge for groups of five or more. Tours typically last 45 minutes to 1 hour and can cover Boardwalk Park Museum or Art and Heritage Center exhibitions. We are happy to customize tours to meet the requirements of each group.
For more information about private tours, or to schedule a tour, please contact the Museum Education Coordinator at 970-674-3532.
- The Art and Heritage Center cannot accommodate tour groups of more than 35 people.
- The historic buildings of Boardwalk Park Museum have no electricity and are not heated, therefore evening tours or tours during the winter months are not recommended.
- Larger groups may be split up for tours of Boardwalk Park Museum.
- While we do our best to make all of our Museums accessible for those with disabilities, sometimes the historic nature of the buildings at Boardwalk Park makes it difficult for those in wheelchairs to enter and exit. Please let staff know of any accommodations that anyone in your group needs in order to have their best experience.