To reserve a time slot for boat rentals or purchase a non-motorized boating permit, visit recreationliveshere.com/RecReg.
Take a walk around the Windsor Lake Trail which surrounds the perimeter of the lake. The trail is 2.25 miles around.
During a typical season, Windsor Lake offers many opportunities for recreation activities including:
- Boat Rentals
- Boating - Motorized and Non-Motorized
- Dog Park
- Purchase Daily Non-Motorized Permit
- Swim Beach
E.coli Water Samples
The following chart reflects the results from Colorado State University Environmental Quality Laboratory from samples collected at Windsor Lake.
The standard is for the Total E.coli count to be below 235 per 100 milliliter (mL).
|Date Collected||Total E.coli Count||Total Fecal Coliform|
|June 25, 2020||1 per 100 mL||1 per 100 mL|
|June 18, 2020||2 per 100 mL||4 per 100 mL|
|June 11, 2020||1 per 100 mL||1 per 100 mL|
Safety Guidelines & Rules
- Dogs must be leashed at all times except at the Windsor Lake Dog Park located on the north side of Windsor Lake.
- Swimming is permitted within the designated Swim Beach Area only marked by ropes and buoys.
- Swim diapers are requested for use with young children.
- Ingestion of untreated agricultural water such as Windsor Lake carries an inherent risk of possible exposure to pathogenic organisms. Individuals who have been ill are asked to refrain from entering the water.
- Algae may be present.
- For your safety, it is the Town of Windsor Parks, Recreation and Culture Department’s policy to not allow persons or pets on our frozen bodies of water. Although ice is tempting to walk on, temperatures rarely stay consistent enough to form stable ice. Falling through ice can cause great bodily harm or death.