The Town of Windsor has announced the schedule for fall 2023 volunteer opportunities. Fall volunteer events take place at parks, museums and open spaces throughout Windsor.
Close-toed shoes are required for each volunteer event. Volunteers are encouraged to wear clothes that can get dirty and bring a hat and water bottle. New volunteers can complete a volunteer application to sign up for events.
“Volunteering is a great way to get some exercise, meet your neighbors and make a difference all at once,” said Volunteer Coordinator Madeline Cheek. “At the end of a volunteer event, we hope to send you home with a sense of accomplishment and community pride!”
The fall 2023 schedule of events is:
- Weed Warriors: Friday, Sept. 8, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Treasure Island Demonstration Garden, 31500 Laku Lake Rd.
- Historic Building Painting: Saturday, Sept. 9, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Windsor History Museum, 100 N. 5th St.
- Park Care Day, Brunner Farm Park: Saturday, Sept. 16, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Brunner Farm Park, 305 Prospector St.
- Weed Warriors: Friday, Oct. 6, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Treasure Island Demonstration Garden, 31500 Laku Lake Rd.
- Trail Building: Saturday, Oct. 7, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Kyger Open Space gravel parking lot, 280 Colorado Blvd.
- Tree Planting: Saturday, Oct. 14, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., location to be determined
- Park Care Day, Aberdour Park: Saturday, Oct. 28, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Aberdour Park, 6600 Aberdour Cr.
More information on specific events can be found on the Town of Windsor events calendar.
The Windsor Volunteer Experience is on a mission to build a spirit of community service in the Town of Windsor. They envision a Town of Windsor where citizens are active, invested and involved in the community.
To learn more about the Windsor Volunteer Experience, visit windsorgov.com/Volunteer or call 970-388-5199.