July 4th Activities
NEW LOCATION: Due to COVID-19 safety concerns and requirements regarding physical distancing and event planning, this year’s fireworks display will be launched from a location situated between the Poudre River Trail to the north and New Liberty Road to the south and between 7th Street to the east and Colorado Boulevard to the west. This location is considered to be the highest point in town.
For many, the display will likely be viewable from the comfort of their yard. For those who won’t be able to see it from their home, residents are asked to disperse into green spaces, along sidewalks and on bike paths, adhering to physical distancing guidelines. On-site viewing will not be available.
Fireworks will launch at approximately 9:10 pm.
Non-motorized boating will be allowed; permitted boaters using non-rented watercraft can be on the water until 8 pm.
Boat rentals on Windsor Lake will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. for those who pre-register online at recreationliveshere.com/RecReg.
Motorized boating will not be permitted.
To help ensure a safe Fourth of July celebration, the public is asked to respect the following:
- No glass is permitted in parks.
- Charcoal grills are prohibited, as well as gas grills more than 200 square inches and tanks weighing more than 1 pound or 16 ounces.
- Follow physical distancing guidelines and stay at least 6 feet apart from others.
- Pets must be on leash at all times. For your pet’s comfort, it is recommended to leave them at home during the fireworks display.
- Personal fireworks are never permitted within town limits and are subject to a $510 fine.
- Parking along Highway 257 is illegal.
- Please note, the Town of Windsor does not allow smoking or vaping in our parks, trails, or natural areas except within a parking area.