July 4th Activities
Celebrate in Windsor!
The Town of Windsor holds its annual Fourth of July celebration at Boardwalk Park with a special dog-friendly race, snack food vendors and a fireworks display. Please note, there will not a be a concert.
July 4th 5k and Four Paws Fun Run
Brought to you in partnership with
For more information about this race visit Windsor Race Series.
Fireworks will launch at approximately 9:10 pm. Attendees are invited to bring picnic baskets, lawn chairs and blankets for convenience and comfort.
The north section of the Windsor Lake Trail, including the dog swim beach, will be closed immediately following the Fourth of July Four-Legged Fun Run for fireworks setup.
Fifth Street will be closed to the public at 7 am. July 4 for handicap parking only, while 6th and 7th Street turn lanes will close at dusk. Additional handicap parking will be available in the Boardwalk Park parking lot off Birch Street, along with a loading and unloading zone.
To help ensure a safe Fourth of July celebration, the public is asked to respect the following:
- No glass is permitted in the park, beer and wine only.
- Charcoal grills are prohibited, as well as gas grills more than 300 square inches and tanks weighing more than 1 pound or 16 ounces.
- Tents and portable shelters are prohibited after 6 pm
- Pets must be on leash at all times. For your pet’s comfort, it is recommended to leave them at home during the fireworks display.
- Personal fireworks are never permitted within town limits and are subject to a $510 fine.
- Parking along Highway 257 is illegal.
- Please note, the Town of Windsor does not allow smoking or vaping in our parks, trails, or natural areas except within a parking area.
For more information, call 970-674-3500.