- Boat at your own risk
- Boating by permit only
- Hazards may be present
Motorized Boating on Windsor Lake
Motorized permit holders can be scheduled on the lake on motorized days on a first-come, first-served basis. Daily and annual permit holders must reserve their time slot by calling the Community Recreation Center at 970-674-3500 or by registering online. Reservations open at 9am on Mondays.
Motorized Boating Permit Costs
- 1/2 Day Cost:
- $20 Residents
- $30 Non-Residents
- Annual Cost: $450.
Maximum of 20 permits sold starting May 9. Annual Motorized Permits are sold out for the 2022 season.
Motorized Boat Permit Use
- Days: Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday *Not available on July 4.
- May 28 through August 7
- August 13 through September 18: Saturday and Sunday Only
- Times: 8 am to 2 pm or 2 pm to 8 pm
Non-Motorized Boating on Windsor Lake
All watercraft outside of the swim beach must have a current Town of Windsor permit to use the lake. One permit per watercraft is required. Permits are nontransferable and non-refundable.
Non-motorized boats can only be on the lake during the times listed below. After August 9, non-motorized boats can be on the lake year-round from sunrise to sunset as long as ice is not present. Non-motorized boating is allowed with a permit as long as ice is not present.
Non-motorized boats can launch from here.
Non-motorized boat definition for Windsor Lake:
A non-motorized boat is a boat without a motor. We allow trolling motors of 10 HP or less on the lake in a non-motorized capacity. Non-motorized boats also include kayaks, canoes, paddleboards, etc. A sailboat is a non-motorized craft and requires a copy of registration on file. Please submit a copy of your state registration to email@example.com before purchasing your permit.
Non-Motorized Boat Permit Use
- Days: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday
- Dates: May 28 through August 7
- Time: Daylight hours only
- July 4: non-motorized boating is available until 8pm
Non-Motorized Boating Permit Cost
Non-Motorized Boating Cost:
- Daily Permit (Windsor Residents): $10
- Daily Permit (Non-Residents): $15
- Annual Permit (Windsor Residents): $50
- Annual Permit (Non-Residents): $65
How to Purchase a Boating Permit
You can purchase a Non-Motorized Boat Permit online or at the Windsor Community Recreation Center, 250 N 11th Street. For questions, please call 970-674-3500. Please affix all permits to the right side of your craft. One permit per craft.
Required Documentation for motorized and sailboats
Please submit the following documents:
- Current Boat Registration (motorized and sailboats only)
- Driver’s License
- Proof of Insurance (motorized only)
- Proof of residency in Windsor (if applicable)
Please note: To boat on Windsor Lake motorized boats must have liability coverage with a minimum of $300,000 for bodily injury and property damage.
For Colorado Boating Statutes and Regulations, call 303-791-1954 or view the Colorado State Parks Boating Rules Brochure (PDF).