The Active Adult Program provides activities, excursions, day trips and special events for the older adult, 55 plus, in the community.
Activities / Trips & Travel (NOTE: Weekly Day Trips and other Travel are on hold until COVID-19 restrictions are relaxed).
There is something for everyone! Do you like bingo, playing cards or mah jongg? Feeling a little more active? Play pickleball, baseketball or join a Silver Sneakers class. Feeling adventurous? Register for one of the weekly day trips to a museum, a hike in the mountains, a show at the Buell Theatre or a Rockies game just to name of few. To see a complete list of activities look in the Pelican Perch (PDF) (not published during COVID), Activity Guide or register online now.
Times and dates are subject to change.
The following recurring activities are $4:
- Line Dancing: 9:30 to 11 am every Thursday of the month
- Basketball: 9 to 11 am every Tuesday of the month
- Pickle Ball (indoor): Every Wednesday and Thursday
- Time: 1st session 7 to 8:30 am, 2nd session 8:45 to 10:15 am, 3rd session 10:30 to 12 pm.
- Location: Auxiliary Gymnasium, Windsor CRC
- Outdoor Courts: Six courts are located at Main Park at 300 Locust Street. Courts are open to the public for drop-in during regular park hours. Courts are only available to rent from April through October. Reservations can be made with the front desk of the Windsor CRC
- Outdoor Court Rentals: $6 per hour if you want to reserve a specific date/time or drop in for free if you don't need a specific date/time reserved.
Friendly Fork Café
Lunch is served at the Community Recreation Center, located at 250 North 11th Street, in the east parking lot, as curb side pickup only. This is a great opportunity to socialize with friends and get your lunch to go! These weekly lunches are sponsored by the Weld County Area Agency on Aging. This program offers a well-balanced meal at a great price.
Reservations are required by 10 am one business day before meal service. Please call 970-674-3500 to make your reservation.
- Lunch is served Monday thru Friday
- Curb side pickup is 11:00 - 11:30 am each day (east parking lot)
- Ages 60 years & over: $4
- Ages 59 & under: $11.25
- Blood Pressure Screenings: 10:30 am on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Wednesdays of the month (NOTE: currently on hold)
- Shootin' Pool: 12:30 to 3:30 pm on Tuesdays
- Coffee Club:
Monday thru Friday from 7:30 to 10 am in the Evergreen Room. (NOTE: currently on hold)
Enjoy this quiet, warm and cozy space for playing cards, reading, shooting pool, playing ping pong or just hanging out. It's free of charge if you are 55 or older. The room is available any time the Recreation Center is open. Senior groups are welcome as well. Does your group play cards? Does your book club need a place to meet? Knit? Scrapbook? Puzzles?
Call Jay at 970-674-3515 for more information about setting up a regular time to utilize the senior room for your group. Depending on the circumstances, a fee may be applied to some groups.