The Active Adult Program provides activities, excursions, day trips and special events for the older adult, 55 plus, in the community.
Activities / Day Trips & Travel
There is something for everyone! Do you like bingo, playing cards or mahjong? Feeling a little more active? Play pickleball, basketball or join a Silver Sneakers class. Feeling adventurous? Register for one of the weekly day trips to a museum, a hike in the mountains, a show at the Buell Theatre or a Rockies game just to name of few. To see a complete list of activities look in the Pelican Perch (PDF), Activity Guide or register online now.
Times and dates are subject to change.
The following recurring activities are $3 for non-members and $1 for members.
Note: those using Silver Sneakers will be charged at the member rate.
- 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Auxiliary Gymnasium, Community Recreation Center
- Pickleball (indoor):
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays
- 7:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Main Gymnasium, Community Recreation Center
- Pickleball (outdoor):
- Outdoor Courts: Eight courts are located in Main Park at 300 Locust Street. Courts are open to the public for drop-in from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. Courts are only available to rent from April through October. Reservations can be made by calling the Community Recreation Center front desk at 970-674-3500.
- Outdoor Court Rentals: $10 per hour if you want to reserve a specific date/time or drop-in for free if you don't need a specific date/time reserved.
- Current Outdoor Court Schedule
Friendly Fork Café
Enjoy a great lunch at the Friendly Fork Café with your friends and neighbors! Sponsored by the Weld County Area Agency on Aging, the Friendly Fork Café lunch provides a well-balanced meal at a great price; a $5 dollar donation is suggested.
Enjoy a cup of coffee and visit with your friends as you wait to be served at your table! Or, if you are short on time, you can grab your lunch to-go. Park on the east side of the Community Recreation Center and a meal will be delivered to you in your car.
Reservations are required by 9 a.m. one business day prior. Call 970-674-3500 to make your reservation.
- Lunch is served Monday through Friday
- Curbside pickup is 11:00 - 11:30 a.m. each day (east parking lot)
- Dine-in options available same time. Aspen or Spruce Room.
- Ages 60 years & over: $5
- Ages 59 & under: $12.00
Active Adult Lounge
Enjoy this quiet, warm and cozy space for playing cards, reading, shooting pool, playing ping pong or just hanging out. It's free of charge if you are 55 or older. The room is available any time the Community Recreation Center is open.
Senior groups are welcome as well. Does your group play cards? Does your book club need a place to meet? Knit? Scrapbook? Puzzles? Shoot Pool? Call the Recreation Supervisor at 970-674-3515 for more information about setting up a regular time to utilize the Active Adult Lounge for your group. Depending on the circumstances, a fee may be applied to some groups.
- Shootin' Pool: Drop-in anytime during Community Recreation Center open hours
- Coffee Club: Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 9 a.m. in the Aspen Room
- Mahjong: Monday, Tuesday, and Friday 12 p.m. - 4 p.m.; Wednesday 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Cards: Thursdays 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- Jay’s Bingo Emporium: Second Monday of the month, 12 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.